Thursday, June 20, 2013

Toni Basil-I'm 28/Breakaway 7" (US 1966)


Wow, it's been a minute since I checked in and I thought I would celebrate my return by breaking protocol yet again and giving you this little ditty from 1966 by none other than Toni Basil!  Far before she got her mind blown by that fine "Mickey" fellow, she released a single on A&M that was pretty amazing but largely forgotten.  Here's the b-side "I'm 28."


  Now, many of you have been asking me how the zine is coming along and I keep telling you "Fine, fine."  Which is true.  Good news is, I have an official release date, August 11th.   And, if you are in the Montreal area you can come to the Sad Boys matinee show for the zine official release celebration. For now, enjoy the tunes!

Love,
Megon



No comments:

Post a Comment