Monday, November 24, 2014

Club Tango-FTN/Get The Picture 7" (UK, 1981)


This weekend I went to Toronto for what is always a whirlwind trip and I had more fun in some arenas and less in others than expected. On the absolutely funnest side, I bought a million trillion new records, all of them totally blog-worthy. Some of them that I love the mostest I am going to have to get my shit together and make Youtube videos out of, but that's for another day. 

For now, starting with a wee bit of a mystery. I know I don't have THAT much time for researching things these days and that bums me out but I have committed a bit of time to looking into this record and for the life of me I can't shake loose anything about the singer. The rest of the band is pretty much an all-star line up, as far as I'm concerned anyway. Dave Henderson and Andy Ross from Disco Zombies and Alex Turnbull before he was in 23 Skidoo. The girl singing on this, their second single out on Dining Out, still escapes me. On a side note, Dining Out also put out this Occult Chemistry record and my favorite The Naughtiest Girl Was A Monitor record, which is off topic but anyway... If you have any info, feel free to comment or contact me over there ---------->

In other news, I am feeling recharged and refocused by all this new music and if I can squeeze a little time out of my hectic schedule, I will be back soon with a whole slew of new posts. In the meantime, here are both sides of this super catchy, funky post-punky gem. Oh, jeez, almost forgot, you can download both songs over at The All Night Party HERE

Love,
Megon


No comments:

Post a Comment