Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Terminal Fun-Great Moments 7" (UK, 1982)

You know what's better than having friends who run amazing record stores? Having said friends who know what you like. I picked this up at my friend's store Lp's Lps, on Lp's recommendation, when I was in Toronto a couple weeks ago and I have been itching to get it uploaded so I could share it here. It's also not very often I get to introduce something to the internet that wasn't there before. Especially something I love so much!

I had hoped to have a little more information about the group when it was time to share, but wouldn't you know it, I haven't found any! So, let's get what I do know out of the way, because that won't take very long. I know it was recorded at Spaceward Studios, who boasts a crazy list of artists who have recorded there. I know it was recorded in 1982. On the back of the sleeve there are ads for 5 different retailers with a note "Thanks are due to the above sponsors without whom this record would not have apppeared." I don't know if this is some kind of joke or if it really took the sponsorship of three AV stores, an instrument store and a shoe store to get this thing out. I assume this was self-released as nothing else was put out on the Projected Image label. Members are listed as:

Carol Bush-Vocals
Paul Day-Guitars and Vocals
Pete Sparrow-Drums, Vocals, Mini Moog
Paul Rayner-Bass
Joe Bull-Producer

I have gone ahead and uploaded both sides of this single and they are here. I can't decide which side is better but Twist and Survive is pretty damn near perfect. If you read my last post on the Corvettes, you know I have been trying to track this down through any way possible. So, as always, if you have any info I can be reached here, through our Facebook or at muzorewisdaughter@hotmail.com. In any case, this record is great on its own and I hope y'all love it as much as I do.

Love,
Megon



2 comments:

  1. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here.Jogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Just found this and Carol is my sister and was just searching this up to play to my 11 year old son who
    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete