Thursday, January 29, 2015

L-Seven-Insanity 7" (US, 1982)


What a fucking day! And what a fucking day to listen to some quintessential US punk, if you'd like to call it that. Many of you punks may already know this, maybe you don't, maybe you've simply forgotten but I jammed this for a good part of my work day, because it was a particularly frustrating work day and this helped. This record is a one-off from a group fronted by the late Larissa Stolarchuk, later Larissa Strickland, who you may know from her notable stint in the Laughing Hyenas. But, before all that, there was this, and on Touch And Go, no less. Well, a one-off off-shoot of Touch And Go that only released this single called Touch And Go Special Forces. 

Either way, a stellar record all around, all the songs are great and right in my sweet spot for US punk of the time. There is lots of info out there about Larissa herself, not a lot of it focusing on this particular band but a lot of nice tributes. You can listen to all the songs over at Killed By Death HERE if you like what you hear below. Secrets is particularly good.

On another note, the only YouTube video I found of this was posted by a delightfully specific blog called Michigan Graveyard and worth a check out for other underground music from the Michigan in the 80s and 90s. Okay, that's all the time I have. Which really wasn't much at all but what are you gonna do? Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.


Love,
megon


1 comment:

  1. This is great! I was in a band in the mid 90s and was lucky enough to play with the Laughing Hyenas. She was so nice and amazing to watch play. Anyway, I just found your blog and I'm excited to start digging in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete