Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hilary Laddin-The Sell 7" (US, 1980)


It's a wonder at the end of some days I don't just fall over, dead, on the floor in a puddle of my own drool. Today is one of those days. Work was gruelling and I was just not expecting that.  My eyes are completely glazed over and I feel like if I actually close them, they will never have the power to open again. Otherwise, so far, it's been a lovely week with a helluva weekend coming up. Loads of friends in town including my German bestie who brought me presents including a Christmas pyramid and some hand cream/shampoo, not sure which because I can't read German.  And, starting tomorrow, there are a bunch of shows including, but not limited to, Tropic of Cancer on Saturday with our dear friends Police Des Moeurs opening.   


ANYWAY, y'all don't really care about any of that. You just want the songs, right? Well, here's one for you, going back to my roots with some pics to boot. A little jammy jam from Hilary Laddin, who also drummed in the band The Leaving Trains, whom you may remember. This is not like that and I like it way better. Here are both sides to her only solo single The Sell, released in 1980 on What Records? most famous for a couple Dils and Germs records that were KINDA popular, or something, I don't know. Unfortunately, Hilary passed away in 2007 but this is still a pretty rad record that deserves more light of day. 



Alright, I'm wiped. Talk to you after the weekend.
LOVE!!!

Megon

1 comment:

  1. Just came across this today while seating for something else, was heartened to see that people remember my old friend Hilary. I took the press photo for this that was used on the pic sleeve. There's a memorial page for Hil on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete