Friday, May 2, 2014

Valerie Krystal-Piece Of My Heart LP (Canada, 1983)

Oh man. It's been a minute since I checked in here. I have been deathly ill for about a week and simultaneously slammed at work so, I've been going to bed at about 9 every night. Right now I am about 75% human, about 25% snot, but working on bringing that latter percentage down. Anyway, pretty much the only other thing I have been doing for the last week is listening to disco. I know what you're going to say but just hear me out. It's awesome. That's all the semi-convincing I have the energy to do. Anyway, if that's not enough, here's a song I have been jamming a lot lately. I think it's pretty fucking catchy and totally Canadian, eh? Meet Valerie Krystal. Man, there are so many things I like about this but mostly it's her little kid voice. I was only gonna post Jailbait, my favorite song of hers, but Tic Toc is like a new wave Sparks song so I'm putting it up for you too. I just can't stop, I love her so. 



Anyway, the actual reason I'm posting this is to lead into this: next Thursday, May 8th, to be exact, I am going to be doing an ODIF inspired DJ set at Minimale Musique. I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve for this night and I hope you can all come out and drink, dance, both or neither. The event info is HERE. I hope to see some of y'all there. Bring your dancing shoes. TGIF!
Love,
Megon

No comments:

Post a Comment