Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bernthøler-My Suitor 7" (Belgium, 1983)

Everyone always tells me that they love how personal the blog is. But, despite my overly familiar and casual writing style, the blog is not actually very personal at all. Anyone who knows me well will tell you I am actually very guarded with my emotions. Right now, I am going to let the guard down...A LITTLE, and just to explain why I have chosen to post this song. Some of you may know that my mother has been going through a bout of cancer for quite a while now, her third. On this front things are FINALLY looking up. But, another friend is also going through a battle with the disease. Without spilling any dirt that's not mine to dish, I have had a really hard day with some news we've gotten regarding this and some news we haven't. 

I was listening to a French ODIF playlist earlier to lift my spirits and mistakenly (because they are from Belgium) stuck in there was Bernthøler. I had forgotten about this band and this song punched me right in my face and I have been listening to this record pretty much since then. Sometimes you find a perfect song for how you're feeling and this is it for me today.  This particular single was pressed in England on Blanco Y Negro and touted by John Peel so you know it must be kinda alright.  

 

This second track is a little more accessible as it sounds more like other stuff that was going on at the time. Anyway, there are other good tracks, most of which you can find on Youtube as this group had a pretty big following at one point. You can read a brief history HERE and or some more HERE.

As a bonus, here's the title track from their first single Japanese Garden. 




Okay, I hope you are all having healthy and happy days out there. 
Love,
Megon

No comments:

Post a Comment